Watching the Olympics and diving headfirst back into the murky world of RPS, bb. It is quite nice.
I have also been playing a little game I like to call "sudden-death fanmixing". It is pretty simple:
- Pick a fandom- One with lots of characters! (Marvel Universe is a good one. I chose Winter Olympics RPS, 'cause I'm determined to ride this new obsession hard while it lasts.)
- Set iPod to shuffle (I like to do this with my iPod rather than my whole music collection, since I'm wicked familiar with everything on there, as opposed to the stuff on my computer which includes all kinds of indie crap from Eeener and IDEK where).
- Whatever song comes on, try to match it to a person, pairing or situation. Find particular lyrics or passages that remind you of a character, or something they'd say, etc.
- Set a few rules about skipping songs. If you get too picky it's no fun, but some things really don't go (audiobooks, children's tv themes, most hymns, sound effects, old school projects... haha. I have weird shit on my iPod). When I know I'm going to be playing this for a long time, I usually allow myself three skips between every song. When I want to limit the time, I allow 10 total, then I'm done for a while.
- Remember the ones you like and make them into a playlist. Holistic fangirling requires a coming together of all the senses including the perfect mood music. I'm a huge advocate of fanmixing.
(Obvs, all people mentioned are property of themselves and none of them are gay for each other I just like to imagine it 'cause I'm a creeper, yaddda yadda.)
"Mexico"- Cake
Pairing: Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir
Scott is obviously smitten:
I had a match,
But she had a lighter,
I had a flame,
But she had a fire,
I was bright,
But she was much brighter,
I was high,
But she was the sky
"Red Light"- Siouxsie and the Banshees
Pairing: Johnny Weir (/fame)
Sometimes, Johnny is overexposed:
She falls into frame with a professional pout but the polaroids ignite on seeing their subject
and the aperture shuts-too much exposure
Voyeur sucks into focus-floodlit the glossy kiss-pit but as emulsion drips down...down
the aperture shuts-too much exposure
"Sugar Never Tasted So Good"- The White Stripes
Pairing: JR Celski/Apolo Ohno
This song makes me think of this wicked adorable kid!fic:
What a feeling that's begun
What a feeling that's begun
I felt just like a baby
Until I held a baby
What a fool this boy can be
(Yeah)
And her thoughts like a daisy
How my mind gets lazy
I must've been crazy not to see
"Fire With Fire"- The Gossip
Pairing: Kim Yu-Na (/pressure)
Yu-Na has a whole country's hopes riding on her and she still kicks ass:
Now, it ain't the end of the world girl
You'll find your place in the world girl
All you gotta do is stand up and fight fire with fire
In the end no one's innocent
Big or small it makes no difference
Get up, stand out, and hold your head up higher, higher
"Long-Forgotten Fairytale"- The Magnetic Fields
Pairing: Evan Lysacek/Johnny Weir
They may have been something else once, long ago, but they've always been competitors:
If somebody told me I’d succumb
If someone said I’d be so dumb
After all the sleepless nights, when I turned on all the lights--
I would have hit them
But I have turned the other cheek
My voice trembles, my knees are weak
And you beat me once again
And I know what happens then--
you raise the ante
Well, I'm off to get some work done (or just watch Rome and try to fill 8-12 Olympics-sized void in my life).
Maybe I'll start blogging on a regular basis again (hah. Like I ever did that.). I'm thinking of starting a podcast of nerd-news and dance music. I'll call it Post-Apocalypse Dance Party or something. I've always wanted a radio show... anyway, stuff to think about.

1 comments:
:) thank you for the rec! and that's a really good mix. <3
Post a Comment