Cannot escape the rain

It's still drizzly, which is sad because I still really want to ride my bike. I thought about doing it anyway, but when I went to get it, it turns out someone had moved my bike our from under the canopy and now it's soaking wet, so... no.

Instead I've been bumming around wikipedia. I've been playing a sort of stream-of-consciousness/degrees-of-separation game: I look up the first thing that comes to mind, then click on one link in that article, then one in the next, and the next and so on until I hit a dead end then I see how different the entry I'm on is from the one I started with.

I'm leaning all kinds of random, interesting things, too. Like, I had no idea Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez were brothers. Is that like a common knowledge thing that I just missed, or is that as mind-blowing to anyone else as it is to me? It makes so much sense, they really do look alike.
I was looking up Psych to see if there were any episodes I missed, then I ended up looking at the page for James Roday (who plays Shawn) and I saw that he'd was nominated for an award that I didn't recognize, which turned out to be the American Latino Media Arts Award, which had at some point also been won by Charlie Sheen, who I didn't realize was hispanic, so I looked him up and his birth name is Carlos Estevez and he's Emilio's brother and my mind exploded a little because I feel like that's one of those things I should know.

Anyway, I'm going to go attempt to do something useful or creative. Maybe work on my wunderkammer or those Steve and Tony plushies I'd designed. I may have found something I can use as a pattern for those! I saw these cute Star Wars dolls when I was looking up pics for the bromance thread we're trying to start on SciFantasy (made by A Girl Called Ric). The proportions are almost exactly what I want:

0 comments:

Post a Comment