Marls came by to talk because I was having a rough day and at one point she stopped and giggled at my voice and was like "Oh, hi Fran!". My accent comes out when I'm really exhaused and my voice was a bit hoarse, so i guess I did sound a bit like a Jersey Fran Drescher. Anyway, I was like "I wouldn't mind being Fran, have you ever seen the episode where she makes out with Jon Stewart? Totally worth the voice." She hadn't, so we ended up watching it until like 3.
Why was I up that late to begin with? Well after hearing about what happened to Kutner on House (uh oh, prepare for rant), I was really mad and a little upset. I mean, they only did it to shock people and have an excuse to bring back Cameron. The second of those things is lame and unforgivable and will not be discussed further. As to the first, if they just wanted to shock people to get them to keep watching even though the show has turned to shite, they should have tried something they haven't done already. Killed off a character randomly? Done that. It was totally out of character and totally out of the blue and... just grrrr. I did hear that the reason they had to get rid of Kutner is because Kal Penn quit to go work for the White House (<3), they still could have come up with a better way for him to go.
Anyhoo, while I was thinking of better ways they could shock people into watching (like having House and Wilson realize their big gay love), I ended up venturing into the murky world of House fanfic, a place I have not dared venture in quite awhile. Since about the time when I realized fandom doesn't have to be a bunch of whiny pre-teen girls, actually.
Don't get me wrong, there are some things I like about the House fandom... Howse MD springs to mind.

I made an executive decision to sleep until I woke up this morning, so I missed a class and most of the free time in which I was going to do the homework for my 2:50. I think I will make another executive decision to not give a fuck and paint my nails while watching Boston Legal. Or Psych. Hmm... James Spader or Dule Hill?

0 comments:
Post a Comment