There ain't no other late nite lover

I know I've been conspicuously absent form the internet recently... the Wellesley has been kicking me in the ovaries again. To make up for it, however, they've been having a fuck-ton of concerts recently. Last week they had Santigold, who I didn't see, and Mickey Avalon, who I hadn't planned on seeing, but ended up loving. This Sunday, Amanda Palmer's playing for Students for Reproductive Rights. I'm not sure why they're springing it all on us at once, but whatevs-- fuck grades.

Back to Mickey Avalon. So, when I like something, I tend to fixate- and this is no exception. I find myself having to justify this recent crush quite frequently. Sure, he's kind of ugly and a little sketchy, but he has an undeniably sexy stage presence. Besides, he combines both types I usually go for: sleazily effeminate junkies and funny little Jews.
I read a really interesting article about him; he's had a crazy, tragic life.

Also, he looks a bit like a not-pretty, American, Noel Fielding. Work with me here people:




















Mickey Avalon: "Waiting to Die", "Jane Fonda", "Roll Up Your Sleeves"

0 comments:

Post a Comment